Until now, you paid for the full cost of your trip after your trip finished. We also placed a $250 pre-authorisation on your card when you booked your first trips with us.
From today, you’ll pay part of your trip cost upfront when you make the booking, and part of the trip cost after your trip has finished. If it’s your first trip, you’ll also pay a refundable $150 deposit upfront.
This means no more pre-authorisations locking up your funds, and a clearer breakdown of time, distance, booking and Damage Cover Liability (DCL) reduction fees.
Pay now: hire costs
At the time you make a booking you’ll pay:
- The time cost for your trip (at the car’s hourly or daily rate)
- The booking fee (if you’re on our free Featherweight plan - it's free for Heavyweight members)
- Optional DCL reduction fees (if you’re on our free Featherweight plan - Heavyweights get the lowest DCL for every trip)
If it’s your first trip, you’ll also pay a $150 deposit.
Pay later: distance and tolls
After your trip, you’ll pay:
- Distance cost (at the car’s rate per kilometre)
If it’s your first trip, we’ll take the distance charge out of the deposit you paid upfront.
- If your distance charge is higher than your deposit, we’ll charge the balance to your card.
- If the distance charge is lower than your deposit, the balance will be held in your Car Next Door account. You can use this as credit towards future trips or log in to transfer it back to your credit or debit card.
Tolls will be charged to you in the following month, as we don’t get toll charges from our supplier until the end of each month.
Cancellations and extensions
If you cancel or shorten your booking, we’ll refund the hire costs and deposit (less any relevant cancellation charges) to your Car Next Door account. You can use this as credit towards future trips or log in to transfer it back to your credit or debit card.
If you extend your booking before or during a trip, we’ll charge the extra time costs to your card at the time you extend.