We’ve got some cars that you can park near your place and use for free.
Some of our Car Owner members are looking for people to ‘car-sit’ their cars for an extended period (from a few months up to a year).
What you get:
- You can choose the car’s new ‘home location’ to be somewhere convenient for you.
- Free Heavyweight membership (worth $19/month) plus
- $110 worth of driving credit every month to put towards your own use of the car. This credit rolls over for up to three months if you don't use it. (Of course, you can use the car more than this – normal rates will apply after you’ve spent the $110 credit each month).
In return, you will:
- Keep an eye on the car from time to time, including by checking it at the end of bookings where practical to make sure it’s tidy and to see if there’s any damage.
- Take photos of the car at least once a month to maintain a record of its condition.
- Take the car to and from the mechanic for regular servicing (once or twice a year) and for repairs if necessary (however in most cases we will arrange for the car to be taken to the repairer and returned, without the car-sitter needing to do anything).
- Generally look after the car as if it were yours. Clean it thoroughly at least once a month, and give it a spruce-up from time to time in between. This should take no more than about an hour a month on average.
- Always book the car when you want to use it, and make sure that the Lockbox is always in place with the key inside so that other members can access it.
You’ll need to have:
- Somewhere near you to park the car – an off-street parking space is preferable, but unrestricted on-street parking will also be considered; and
- A caring and responsible personality.
If you have a car that needs a sitter, or are looking for a car to sit, fill out this short car-sitting application form, and we'll be in touch.
(You’ll need to be a Car Next Door member first, of course – you can sign up for free in a few minutes here).